Hospice of Lake Cumberland offers compassionate care to patients and families struggling to cope with a life-threatening illness.
This is a special time with special needs. Often there is the feeling of having nowhere to turn. Hospice understands the emotions surrounding a life-threatening illness and can help put them in perspective.
Hospice is a philosophy of care which:
- seeks to enable patients to continue an alert, pain-free life
- assists in managing symptoms to ensure comfort and dignity
- affirms life and does not hasten or postpone death
- treats the person rather than the disease
- focuses on quality of life
- promotes self-determination, as patients and their family make their own decisions
- provides a holistic approach, encompassing compassionate physical care, emotional and spiritual support