Founded in 1924 as J.C. Newcomb Agent by John Cyrus Newcomb, the company began as a distributor for Gulf Refining Company with one bulk plant and one truck.
John L. Newcomb joined the company in 1946 and it became J.C. Newcomb & Son.
Fuel was provided mainly to homes, farms, and country stores. In the 1960’s, construction of service stations began, followed by convenience stores in the 1970’s. During that time, these locations were operated by contracted dealers. In 1980, the company became Newcomb Oil Co. and soon after began operating their own convenience stores named FiveStar.
Today, the company remains family-owned by Jack, Bill, Brian, and Daniel Newcomb. Newcomb Oil Co. has maintained steady growth and now operates more than 80 FiveStar convenience stores in more than 30 counties in Kentucky, Indiana, and Tennessee, and has approximately 1,400 employees. Corporate headquarters are in Bardstown, Kentucky, along with Cyrus Transport, a subsidiary of Newcomb Oil Co.
From its inception, Newcomb Oil Co. operated with highest standards of customer service and continues the legacy of focusing on quality and being “Fueled by Excellence.”
Categories: Convenience Store